This weekend in Sewickley: ‘Rose Colored Glasses’ and more
Saturday, August 3, 2019 | 5:00 AM
Happening this weekend in Sewickley:
Saturday, Aug. 3
• Sewickley Farmers Market is held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday through November in the St. James parking lot, 200 Walnut St.
• A Rocket Ship Craft Drop In program for all ages will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. in the Sewickley Public Library’s Children’s Department. Stop in to make a space-themed craft. For questions, call 412-741-0937.
• Allegheny Land Trust will host Jen Dalke of Blue Heron Nature Skills, who will lead a hike on medicinal plants that might be growing in your own backyard. Learn how to identify and use local plants that help with coughs, sore throats, joint pains and more. Hike will run one hour rain or shine at the Linbrook Woodlands Conservation Area, 2532 Hopkins Church Road. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased here.
• A reception for “Rose Colored Glasses,” a solo exhibition by Katie Stone, will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Sweetwater Center for the Arts. The show, which runs through Sept. 7, includes Stone’s sculptures, which are filled with playful, tongue-in-cheek comments on the human condition.
Sunday, Aug. 4
• For many, Rembrandt is the greatest artist that ever lived. “Exhibition On Screen: Rembrandt” at the Tull Family Theater seeks to explore the truth about the man behind the legend. The first screening will take place at 12:30 p.m. with another screening at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 12. For tickets, click here.
• Grace Church, Edgeworth is hosting a free neighborhood cookout at War Memorial Park at 4:30 p.m. For more information, contact the Rev. Chance Perdue at 205-753-0380.