Sewickley Public Library hosts programs for children, adults
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 | 10:58 AM
The Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St., offers a variety of programs for people of all ages. Registration, unless otherwise noted, is available by calling 412-741-6920.
• Yoga & Mindfulness for grades 1 and up will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 15.
• Read to a certified therapy dog during the Dog Tales program from 2:15 to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 17. Sign up for a 15-minute time slot between 2 and 3 p.m. For kindergarten through fifth grade.
• A Block Party for newborn through age 6 will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon every Saturday.
• Lego Club for kindergarten through fifth grade will meet from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 12. No registration required.
• Baby and toddler sensory time will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. Nov. 13.
Teen programs (Grades 6-12)
• An Easels N Eats paint along party for grades 4 and up will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Nov. 13. Space is limited.
• A sing-along screening of “Steven Universe: The Movie” will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 12.
• The Cook It program for all skill levels will be held from 4 to 5 p.m. Nov. 14. No registration required.
• Stop by the library for a make and take project from 3 to 5 p.m. Nov. 13. No registration required.
• Take part in the Revolting Radio podcast from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Nov. 12. All talents are needed — actors, writers, etc.
• Learn all about the science and nutrition of pumpkins during an Everything You Wanted to Know About Pumpkins but Were Afraid to Ask program from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 11. Bring your favorite pumpkin recipe if you’d like.
• Create easy handmade holiday cards during a program from 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 12. Supplies are included. A $15 materials fee will be charged. Space is limited.
• Conversation Salon will meet for coffee and discussion from 10 a.m. to noon Nov. 13. New members are welcome.
• Explore buying and selling online during a program from noon to 2 p.m. Nov. 13. The process, advantages and disadvantages, scams and more will be discussed.
• A Healthy Body, Healthy Home, Healthy Planet program by the Pennsylvania Resources Council and Sustainable Sewickley will be held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Nov. 14. The workshop will focus on toxins, their health consequences and how to avoid exposure. Participants will receive one green cleaning kit. Cost is $30 per person or $35 per couple.
• Jewelry maker Pamela Squires will lead a leather wrap bracelet-making workshop from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Nov. 17. Bracelet supplies will be provided. Bring a clipboard. A $15 materials fee will be charged. Space is limited.
• The French Conversation Group, for those who have a basic knowledge of the language, will meet from 1 to 2 p.m. every Wednesday. Native speaker Anne-Marie Salih leads the group. No registration required.
• Jeanne Zell leads the Write Now group for those who enjoy writing from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Friday.
• Sahaja Meditation takes place from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday. Newcomers are welcome.
• A reiki session is held from 2 to 4 p.m. every Friday.
The Mystery Book Group will welcome author Rebecca Drake during this month’s meeting from 7 to 9 p.m. Nov. 12. Her novel “Just Between Us” is this month’s selection. New members are welcome.
• An adaptive story time for those on the autism spectrum, those who have sensory processing issues or who feel overwhelmed by noises or crowds will be held from 2 to 2:45 p.m. Nov. 16. For preschoolers and their families.
• The library hosts a family story time at Ohio Township Nature Center from 10 to 10:45 a.m. every Monday. No registration required.
• Stories for 2’s and 3’s will be held from 9:30 to 10 a.m. and again from 10:30 to 11 a.m. every Wednesday. For ages 2-3, with an adult.
• Preschool storytime for ages 3½-5 without a caregiver will be held from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. and again from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. every Thursday.
• Babies and Books, for children up to 24 months with a caregiver, will take place from 9:30 to 10 a.m., 10:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 1:30 p.m. every Tuesday.