Gingerbread House Party among many Sewickley library happenings
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 | 6:01 AM
The Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St., offers a variety of programs for people of all ages. Registration, unless otherwise noted, is available by calling 412-741-6920.
• A Gingerbread House Party for grades 4-8 will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. Dec. 16. Make a gingerbread house, eat cookies and drink hot cocoa. Bring a box to take home your gingerbread house.
• Watch “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie” during a program from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Dec. 17. Family program.
• “I Want A Dog For Christmas, Charlie Brown” will be shown at 2:30 p.m. Dec. 21. Family program.
• Family Yoga takes place from 1 to 1:45 p.m. Dec. 20. Bring a yoga mat or beach towel and wear comfortable clothing. Family program.
• A Block Party for newborn-age 6 will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon Dec. 21.
Teen programs for grades 6-12
• The Great Christmas Cookie Bake-Off will take place from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 18. Bring your homemade cookies or another holiday dessert to be judged. Prizes will be awarded in three categories.
• A six-hour mini lock-in, featuring a holiday movie marathon, food and a scavenger hunt, will take place from 6 to 11:55 p.m. Dec. 21.
• The Teen Advisory Council will meet to plan programming from 5 to 6 p.m. Dec. 16. Participants will receive credit for one hour of volunteering time. Pizza, snacks and drinks will be served.
• Anime Club meets from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Dec. 17. Newcomers are welcome. No registration required.
• Gaming Wednesday will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. Dec. 18. No registration required.
• The Let’s Talk About Murder true crime discussion group, for those 21 and older, will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 16. This month’s theme is “holidays.”
• The French Conversation Group, for those who have a basic knowledge of the language, meets from 1 to 2 p.m. every Wednesday. Native speaker Anne-Marie Salih leads the group. No registration required.
• Sahaja Meditation takes place from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday. Newcomers are welcome.
• A reiki session is held from 2 to 4 p.m. every Friday.
• The Get Lit book club, for ages 21 and older, will meet from 7 to 9 p.m. Dec. 17. This month’s selection is “Maybe You Should Talk To Someone” by Lori Gottlieb. The meeting will be held at the library for a potluck. Bring a dish to share with the group.
• The Brown Bag Book Group, led by Rosa Lamour Dorman and librarian Mary Jean Voigt, will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 19. This month’s book is “The Wonder” by Emma Donoghue.
• The library hosts a family story time at Ohio Township Nature Center from 10 to 10:45 a.m. every Monday. No registration required.
• Stories for 2’s and 3’s will be held from 9:30 to 10 a.m. and again from 10:30 to 11 a.m. every Wednesday. For ages 2-3, with an adult.
• Preschool story time for ages 31⁄2-5 without a caregiver will be held from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. and again from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. every Thursday.
• Babies and Books, for children up to 24 months with a caregiver, will take place from 9:30 to 10 a.m., 10:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 1:30 p.m. every Tuesday.