Family yoga, French conversation group and more at Sewickley Public Library
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 | 12:01 AM
The Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St., offers a variety of programs for people of all ages. Registration, unless otherwise noted, is available by calling 412-741-6920.
The Library will be closed Feb. 17 in observance of Presidents’ Day.
• Allison Zeanchock will discuss sustainable fashion during a program from 6 to 7 p.m. Feb. 18. After the presentation, participants will create their own upcycled project. Bring an old T-shirt. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register. For ages 6 and up.
• Family Yoga takes place from 11 to 11:45 a.m. Feb. 21. Bring a yoga mat or beach towel and wear comfortable clothing.
• A Block Party for newborns through age 6 will be held from 10:30 a.m. to noon Feb. 22. A family Block Party program will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Feb. 18.
Teen programs for grades 6-12
• Gaming Wednesday will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. every Wednesday. No registration required.
• Anime Club will be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Feb. 18. Newcomers are welcome. No registration required.
• “Ed Talks: How DNA Makes Us Who We Are,” led by science educator Edward Schroth, will take place from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 20.
• A reiki session is held from 2 to 4 p.m. every Friday.
• Jeanne Zell leads the Write Now program from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Friday.
• Sahaja Meditation takes place from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday. Newcomers are welcome.
• The French Conversation Group, led by native speaker Anne-Marie Salih, will meet from 1 to 2 p.m. Feb. 19. The group is for those with a basic knowledge of the language.
• The Senior iPad/iPhone Club will meet from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Feb. 19. The Senior Android phone/tablet club will meet from 1:30 to 3 p.m. the same day. Bring your device if you have one.
• The Get Lit Book Club, for age 21 and older, will meet from 7 to 8 p.m. Feb. 18. Stop by the library for this month’s title and meeting location.
• The Brown Bag Book Group, led by Rosa Lamour Dorman and librarian Mary Jean Voigt, will meet from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 20. Stop by the reference desk for a copy of this month’s book.
• An adaptive story time for preschool-age children on the autism spectrum or who feel overwhelmed by noises or crowds will be held from 2 to 2:45 p.m. Feb. 22.
• Listen to the story of Swan Lake and learn about ballet during a program from 2 to 3 p.m. Feb. 23. For kindergarten through fifth grade.
• Stories for 2’s and 3’s will be held from 9:30 to 10 a.m. and again from 10:30 to 11 a.m. every Wednesday. For ages 2-3, with an adult.
• Preschool story time for ages 31⁄2-5 without a caregiver will be held from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. and again from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. every Thursday.
• Babies and Books, for children up to 24 months with a caregiver, will take place from 9:30 to 10 a.m., 10:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 1:30 p.m. every Tuesday.