Beth Samuel hosts rummage sale
Friday, August 9, 2019 | 6:00 AM
Beth Samuel Jewish Center
The center is at 810 Kennedy Drive, Ambridge.
For information, visit bethsamuel.org or contact the center at beth [email protected] or 724-266-5238.
• 8 a.m. Aug. 11 – Rummage sale
• 5 p.m. Aug. 12 – BSJC serving The Ladle
• 7:05 p.m. Aug. 21 — Jewish Heritage Night at PNC Park
Blackburn United Methodist
The church is at 910 Blackburn Road, Sewickley Heights.
Christ Church at Grove Farm
The church is at 244 Duff Road, Ohio Township. Visit the website at ccgf.org.
• Primetimes ministry is a monthly gathering for fellowship and sharing a meal, held the first Thursday of the month at noon.
• A free, two-day conference for professionals and volunteers to gain training in worship arts and technology will be held Aug. 14 and 15. Visit the church website for more information.
• Learn how to beat debt at the next Financial Peace University class, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 4. For questions or to register, email [email protected] or visit the church website.
First Church of Christ, Scientist
The church is at 222 Beaver St., Sewickley. For information, visit christiansciencepgh.org or call 412-741-4552.
• Sunday services are held at 10:30 a.m. and Wednesday services are held at 7:30 p.m.
Grace Orthodox Presbyterian
The church is at 1419 Beaver Road, Glen Osborne. For more information, visit graceopcpgh.org or call 412-741-3430.
• Weekly Lord’s Day morning instruction begins at 9:45 a.m. Morning worship is at 11 a.m., and evening worship begins at 6 p.m. Sundays.
North Way Sewickley Valley
North Way Christian Community offers six locations across the Pittsburgh area. Services for the Sewickley Valley location are at Osborne Elementary School, 1414 Beaver Road, Glen Osborne.
For more information, visit northway.org or call 724-935-6800.
The church is at 414 Grant St., Sewickley. For more information, visit sewickley presby.org or call 412-741-4550.
• Donations for the annual rummage sale will be collected from 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 10. Visit the website for a complete list of drop-off dates and a list of items that won’t be accepted. Call the church with questions.
• Alcoholics Anonymous, Nar-Anon, Al-Anon, Narcotics Anonymous and Overeaters Anonymous meetings are hosted at various times each week. A schedule is available on the church website.
Sewickley United Methodist
The church is at 337 Broad St., Sewickley. For more information, call 412-741-9430 or visit sewickleyumc.org.
St. Brendan’s Episcopal
The church is at 2365 McAleer Road, Franklin Park. Eucharist services are at 8 and 10 a.m. Sundays and 7 p.m. Wednesdays. For more information, visit stbrendans.org or call 412-364-5974.
• St. Brendan’s weekly Eucharist services are at 8 and 10 a.m. Sundays and 7 p.m Wednesdays.
• The Book Club is on hiatus until Sept. 5 but is reading Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice” and Curits Sittenfeld’s “Eligible.”
• Being a Modern Episcopalian is a small-group conversation held each Monday at 11 a.m. to discuss contemporary issues faced by today’s Christians.
• Free lessons in tai chi are given on Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m.
• Overeaters Anonymous meets at 7 p.m. Wednesdays.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 7 a.m. Tuesdays.
• The Rev. Regis Smolko leads a Bible study at 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays.
St. Matthew’s AME Zion
The church is at 345 Thorn St., Sewickley.
• Sunday school is at 9:30 a.m., and service starts at 10:30.
St. Paul’s Lutheran
The church is at 616 Washington St., Sewickley. For information, call 412-741-8484 or view the website at stpauls sewickley.org.
• Summer worship is 8:15 and 10 a.m. through mid-September.
• A mid-week prayer and hymn service is held at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month through the end of September.
St. Stephen’s Anglican
The church is at 405 Frederick Ave., Sewickley. For information, call 412-741-1790 or visit ststephens church.net.
• All middle school and high school students are welcome to join in any summer events, including Thursday Morning Adventures (for ages 4 through ninth grade), a Mystery Trip, Lake Week, Serve the City weekend and more. Visit the church website for more information.