Battle of the Books returns to Sewickley library
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 | 12:01 AM
The Sewickley Public Library, 500 Thorn St., offers a variety of programs for people of all ages. Registration, unless otherwise noted, is available by calling 412-741-6920.
• Battle of the Books meetings will resume. Fourth-graders wishing to participate should attend the meeting from 7 to 8 p.m. Jan. 29. The fifth-grade meeting is from 7 to 8 p.m. Jan. 30. Participants should have an Allegheny County library card and form a team of five.
• A pajama dance party will be held from 6 to 6:30 p.m. Jan. 28. Family program.
• An American Girl Saturday, featuring 2009 American Girl of the Year Chrissa, will be held from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 1.
• Develop hand-eye coordination and learn STEAM concepts during a Block Party for newborns through age 6 from 10:30 a.m. to noon Feb. 1. Family program.
Teen programs for grades 6-12
• Gaming Wednesday will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. every Wednesday. No registration required.
• Join the Revolting Radio podcast, which meets from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Jan. 28. All talents are needed. No registration required.
• Let’s Talk About Murder, a true crime discussion group, will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 27. This month’s theme is food. Open to those 21 and older.
• A Reiki session will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. every Friday.
• Jeanne Zell leads the Write Now program from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Friday.
• Sahaja Meditation takes place from 11 a.m. to noon every Saturday. Newcomers are welcome.
The Fourth Tuesday Book Group will meet from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Jan. 28. This month’s selection is “Becoming” by Michelle Obama.
• The library hosts a family story time from 10 to 10:45 a.m. every Monday at the Ohio Township Nature Center. No registration required.
• Stories for 2’s and 3’s will be held from 9:30 to 10 a.m. and again from 10:30 to 11 a.m. every Wednesday. For ages 2-3, with an adult.
• Preschool story time for ages 31⁄2-5 without a caregiver will be held from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. and again from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. every Thursday.
• Babies and Books, for children up to 24 months with a caregiver, will take place from 9:30 to 10 a.m., 10:30 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 1:30 p.m. every Tuesday.